So, when A Modern Mother tagged me to join the Recycle week pledge I went smugly over to look at the list of pledges wondering what more I could possibly do. And found it. You see, despite the fact I have a garden, I don't compost. It's London. There are rats. Our garden is teensy tiny and compost bins are huge and ugly. Erm... I'm sure I can find more excuses.
It's Recycle Week in the UK next week and Karen from the Rubbish Diet and Don't Tear Your Hair Out has set all mummy bloggers a challenge: how many can she get to take a recycling pledge and write about it?
My pledge is to compost all my kitchen waste - or to clean under the furniture for a whole month. Right, I'm off to dig for worms...
The rules are easy:
- Visit www.recyclenow.com and sign up to one of the pledges to waste less.
- Share the details of your pledge on your own blog.
- Chose five other bloggers, who will also be up for a bit of recycling fun.
- Come back to this post at The Rubbish Diet and share your pledge with others, by placing a link to your pledge in the comments field.
- Optional - as a thank you to all involved The Rubbish Diet will be publishing a British Mummy Bloggers' Recycle Week carnival on Monday 29th June. To be included, simply submit your favourite post revealing the progress of your pledge by Saturday 27th June - email to karen[at]therubbishdiet[dot]co[dot]uk.
So I'm tagging the bloggers below to take a pledge:
Copenhagen Follies - yes yes I know you're not a UK Mummy blogger
DJKirkby - because you have SO MUCH time on your hands (smirk)
Frog in the Field - I bet you already recycle everything
Maternal Tales from the South Coast - I see you've already been tagged - tough!
And One More Makes Four because with four kids I'm sure you have LOADS of time for this!