Sunday, July 09, 2006

ickle winky binky tinky fuck off

Something strange is definitely going on in my little pregnant brain. In the spirit of ‘We Really Ought To Have At Least One Day’s Worth of Outfits In Case We Really Have This Baby Next Month (as well as the spirit of ‘Would You Look At How CHEAP Everything Is Over Here!’) we have been purchasing baby clothes in France and this is doing something very screwy to my head.

While shopping for shoes (Oh come on. My feet have grown.) I found these little itsy bitsy baby socks. Light-weight white cotton socks with little bears on them. Tiny little cotton socks for tiny little wrinkly baby feet.

You can see where this is heading. What Is Happening To Me?? Little wrinkly baby feet which are currently Actually Growing Inside Me. I mean, I can practically grab them and count their toes. Little tiny kicking baby feet with little itsy baby toe-nails…

Argh! Get it off me!! Get it off, this, this, this Sentiment! This terrible, terrible oozing maternal feeling. It’s like there’s an octopus of lurve in my brain sneaking it’s grabby little tendrils into every thought that I have.

Baby socks. Baby fucking socks. And baby shirts and all-in-ones and they’re SO TINY!!! And he has hiccups all the time and it’s SO CUTE I could just throw teddy out the fucking window.

Argh!! And we went out today with one of D’s friends and his lovely wife and their two perfect boys who were all cute on their new bicycles zooming around and doing tricks and pretending D was a bear and he was actually GROWLING at them and pretending to EAT THEIR FINGERS which means, which means, god I can’t believe I’m going to type this – it’s happening to him too!! Oh god what’s happening to us?

WHAT’S HAPPENING TO US?

make it stop.

4 comments:

Hoto said...

Parents Gone Mad
------------------
Methinks we two have lost my mind
Methinks we too is now resigned
To having brains so intertwined
That to son's foibles, we be blind

Every thing he do is sweet
And even Charlie's little feet
With toes and wrinkles so petite
Prove insanity's complete.

Iota said...

Feet do actually grow in pregnancy. Or they get bigger at any rate - perhaps it's mostly fluid retention and swelling. Anyway, my point is that shoe shopping is perfectly justified in pregnancy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.