I've been tagged by Sue to do a meme that's doing the rounds and it's kind of a cool one. Her Bad Mother set this up to see if she could go around the world in 80 clicks.
Here are the rules: Write a post of your own about 5 things that you love about being a Mum. Tag 5 bloggers - someone from your own country, if you like, but definitely someone from another country - and link back to me here and finally go to Her Bad Mother and leave a comment
Here goes, 5 things I love about being a Mum
1. How suddenly I have a group of friends who live right on my street - a virtual impossibility in London where one makes local friends who then move to places like Reigate and Walton on the Hill and Haddenham and Harringay. And we can all indulge ourselves relentlessly in the child-talk that makes our non-parent friends want to claw their eyes out with boredom
2. How it has made my Mum so happy to watch my son wreak revenge on her behalf for all the hell I put her through at his age.
3. Having an excuse to play with building blocks and hang upside down on the monkey bars and go on a see-saw and then to see my city with new eyes and enjoy it all over again with someone for whom it's all new and wonderful still.
4. Getting on airplanes ahead of everyone else. OK, this one is flippant.
5. Er... well of course the best part is the actual product - having a little potato who loves me completely; knowing that there is nobody in the entire world that I will ever love more than this; watching him sleep; listening to how cute he is when he says 'motorboat'... you know, the whole nine yards of sickeningly saccharine parenthood gush. I don't even really mind the night wakings, it's all kinda great.
Ok; in the name of internationalism I hereby tag Mom de Plume from South Africa; Brit in Bosnia; Michelle in the US; my old friend Helen of Pengelly Pastimes from Canada and of course Jennie of Copenhagen Follies - go ahead ladies, what do you love most about being a Mum?