Wake Up and Smell the Coffee has tagged me for a meme... I'm rubbish at meme's but will have a go at this one as it seems fairly easy. The job is to write 6 random things about me and tag 6 people. Given that this one has been around a while, I think everyone I know has done this one already (some more than once) so I hereby tag anyone who reads this and hasn't done it yet... just let me know
1. I... I... I... ye Gods it's hard to pick random things. I mean, by picking them they are by definition Not Random, they're chosen. This really requires one to stand in the middle of one's life spinning a bottle. I think possibly the first thing on this list ought to be that secretly, I am a terrible pedant.
2. We are watching a movie at the moment. I have proved to my husband what a truly tedious individual I am by yet again correctly predicting the plot. I think this says more about the quality of films on late night TV rather than any sort of intelligence on my part. That being said, possibly don't invite me around to your house to watch telly. I think that's reasonably random.
3. God I'm tired. Are you tired? I'm tired. The cat is tired too, he's tried sleeping on both of us in the last ten minutes and has given up and slunk off to his water bowl. He's crouched over it right now like Dracula over a old lady's neck, looking all cowled and fangy and put out. This is because yesterday we purchased a tin of clearly inferior cat food and he's on a sort of hunger strike, the sort which excludes his cat bowl but includes our dinner, the spud's dinner and pretty much anything that's not marked 'cat' on the packet.
4. The spud lost a wellington in the middle of nowhere today. Finding it involved 40 minutes of hilly walking in the rain during time I was hoping to spend napping. This is why I am up at IS IT TWENTY PAST MIDNIGHT OH MY GOD.
5. I replaced the clutch lever on my motorbike in the dark this evening. Gratifyingly, this act of bravery and sheer coolness was witnessed by several people however I am certain they were all convinced I was a loony bike thief. During this time spent role-playing Steve McQueen, the spud tore his room apart and left his father in a trembling heap on the nursery floor.
6. It really is 20 past midnight. Mother.