Wednesday, July 01, 2009

you've got WHAT living up there?

Our son, our little white potato of a nearly-three-year old child, is navigating the waters of the 'Terrible Twos' with a reasonable amount of success.

Is he stubborn? Of course. Is he argumentative? Ohhh yes. Does he have tantrums? Sometimes. Is he completely unreasonable? Irrational? Indeed he is; but he's not awful with it for the most part.

The litmus test is how easy he is to live with and on that basis I'd say we're doing alright. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I think we've gotten away fairly lightly. The days in which he is impossible to deal with are much fewer than the days in which he is a veritable pleasure, not to mention a source of ever-increasing humour, I give you this example:

Following a misjudged comment on my part about the state of his undercarriage he is now of the belief that there are garden worms living in his bum. As this is encouraging frequent trips to the loo to tempt them out, I'm all for this idea. Today I tried to encourage him to take a trip to the loo to do a little push; he screwed up his face in a parody of someone trying to have a gay old dump, made a big 'errrgh' sound and then stuck out his tongue and blew a juicy fat raspberry at me. This rendered me completely helpless; the pair of us just rolled around on the sofa in hysterics while the Frog tried to keep a straight face.

It could be worse round our way.

5 comments:

cactus petunia said...

I love two year olds! They're so into potty humor!

Perfectly Happy Mum said...

I have started to have these kind of laugh out loud moments together and I love them!
It makes up for the terrible twos episodes... :)

Maternal Tales said...

Aaaah - that's very cute. I can just imagine the two of you rolling around on the floor together! Beautiful. BTW - I don't want to upset you, but Edie did a poo on the loo today...I fear the potty training days may be over. Please come mourn with me xxx

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I told Jonathan he needed to "give it a break" with his toy last night. He looked horrified at me and said "No. My toy!"

He thought I wanted to break it. We can't be literal with the 2 year olds.

Sparx said...

Cactus - seriously, it's all 'bum' and 'poo' these days. But maybe that's just me...

Perfectly Happy Mum: Yes, it does! I'm looking forward to more of them as well.

Maternal Tales - Haha! I still maintain that will not be the end of it.

Lisa - no, Charlie would be the same 'no break it, no break it!'. I'm sure I've had a similar moment but none spring to mind.