Saturday, April 30, 2011

I take it back

...the bit about my son not being interested in the Royal Wedding (note new capitalisation).  He was indeed interested.  He was, to put it mildly, obsessed. 

It seems that all week the nursery were prepping our children for the wedding.  The whole week was focused on princesses and weddings and reminding them to watch it.  He thought we were actually going to go in to see it - in fact many of the children thought the same.

So, we watched it, him in tears because he wasn't actually there.

I say we watched it.  We watched about 20 minutes of it with various friends whose children also ambushed them with a desire to watch.  Just as the actual princess got out of her actual car to walk down the aisle, they all lost interest, leaving us adults to watch awkwardly and make wry comments.

Today I straightened my hair - I'm finding that much more interesting.

No comments: